Thursday, November 12, 2009

DAY SIX

289 LB THIS MORNING. Still eating right…no cheats.

Thought I would take this post to answer a comment left on my last post. One that is from an online buddy FITCETERA (Great site, take a look when you get a chance, tell her Big Al said HELLO)

http://katschisfitcetera.blogspot.com/
anyway she said she was glad I mention how your body holds water after starting a new workout. I mention this mainly because when my family and I owned BODY FLEX FITNESS CENTER (for 17 years) one of the biggest complaints came from the ladies (sorry girls) that I would start on a new workout program. They would come in all excited about getting in shape, starting their diets and would workout with weights like crazy…only to wake up gaining 2 to 10 pounds in one day…Ouch!!! Trust me they would let me know the next day. It’s very hard to explain to them while they are depriving themselves of their favorite food and working out like mad why they are gaining weight. It’s really just a simple as your body is trying to repair itself. The best thing to remember is as long as your muscles are sore you will be holding water. As the soreness goes away, so will the water…don’t panic and stick with it, this should only take a few days, a week at the most.

She also commented that I did not look like I weighed 289 lb (thanks for that. Ha-ha) and I must be tall…well I don’t call my blog Big Als Compound for nothing. I am tall by most people standers 6’ 5”, truth is at the height of my weight lifting days I could walk around at a body weight of 290 lb and not hate myself to much. I still carry more than average amount of muscle mass (cover with fat...gross) on my body so I think this aids to the illusion of being lighter than I am. I guess I need to measure in just to help keep track. 290 lb for me right now is just to much…I’m thinking of the 265 lb range sounds good to me…I call this my fighting weight…why I’ll never know…ok truth is I do know, but I’ll most likely keep it to myself. Ha-ha.
Until next time
Big Al


NOTE: I’m going to start adding this note to each of my blog post until the 56 DAY FITNESS COUNTDOWN is over…I’m doing this incase some new readers come on and wonder what the heck is going on…if your lost look to the top left hand corner of the blog page and click on “THE START” under the 56 DAY FITNESS COUNTDOWN (LINKS)…it will explain what’s going or just use it to look at a post you might have missed…oh yea my weight loss will be posted daily just above that…hope this helps.

2 comments:

MeanDonnaJean said...

Awww helll. MY body holds what seems like damn near a gallon o' water (Lasix anyone?) 'n the only workin' out *I* ever do is when I'm......ooooh, never mind. YOU get the idea!

Brightcetera said...

Hey you! Thank you for the shout out, Al! :)
The water thing frustrates the hell out of me but I will now remember that water can really play tricks on the scale.
6'5" ... Yup very tall :)
Day Six already ... YAY!

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music