Sunday, January 16, 2011

Diners, Drive-in’s and Dives…Oh MY!!! ... Blow Fly Inn

Saturday, January 15, 2011, my wife, son

and I took a trip to the gulf coast; to look for a leather motorcycle jacket…still did not find one. Anyway while we were there, we decided to go eat lunch at the Blow Fly Inn for lunch.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blowflyinn.com%2F&ei=gZ4zTePHAo3rgQe3yaXKCw&usg=AFQjCNFAXGRxrYpXWSQZbaA8bxkAGipcog


Yea you guessed it was another dive featured on the TV show Diners, Drive-in’s and Dives. Second one I have featured on Big Al's Compound…coincidence, I think not!!!


Here is what’s going on, first I’m a big fan of the show, second I have started a scrap book on all of the dives I visit that were featured on the show…yea I said scrap book…and yea  I like to scrap book…what of it…


WELL ARE YOU LAUGHING PUNK!!! GO A HEAD, MAKE MY SCRAP BOOK!!!

Ha-ha. I will also post my dinning stops here on my blog.


Ok back to the story, I use to eat here as a kid, it was famous for its steaks and the plastic fly they would put on your food. The old building before Katrina was just about to fall apart and slide into the bayou…but the food was great. The new building is built on stilts about 15 feet up in the air, nice looking building but is missing the charm of the old pre-Katrina building.


The views are great



They have a bar under the building



Also a bar inside



Outside dinning with views to die for


 Ok let’s get to the food…hmmm


Well in its defense it was lunch time and we did eat off the lunch menu


For an appetizer we had fried dill pickles (lightly batter, very good the family and I thought)



The boy and I had steak and a baked potato (steak had a good taste but look at the green bean beside it, it’s almost as big as the steak) not a great deal for $ 10.50, it came with a small salad

(more dressing than lettuce) the veggies were straight out of the can and the baked potato was a little cold.



The wife had seafood pasta; it was given thumbs up by my wife and son who took a few bites



The surprise came in the form of banana pudding…it was great



Ok lets get to ranking this sucker…I’d have to give it  three stars out of five…due to the portion size for the money. To be fair I need to go back one night and give it a try. That's all I'm going to say about that...



Till next time,


Big Al

2 comments:

Fiddle Mike said...

Good report, Al.
I thought you were generous by one star, though.

Keep them coming.

.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Big Al, Like your Blog we've signed, How far are you guys from Saucier, I have a niece that lives there and we plan on maybe wintering there one of these years, once we hit the road.We haven't sold the house yet, since my wife still has to retire. Be safe out there, Sam & Donna.

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music