Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 5 plus Banana tree massacre

Well it’s that time of the year…time for the banana trees to DIE!!! You have heard of the Texas chainsaw massacre…well now you’re going to hear the story about the Mississippi chainsaw banana tree massacre…



Scary stuff. Ha-ha.

I used a day of vacation Monday and decided it was time to cut down the banana trees (they die every winter and grow back bigger in the summer) I thought I would dedicate one hour of my day removing the tree…wrong!!! It end up taking me 3 or 4 hours of very hard work…banana trees are strange, very easy to cut down I used and old rusty knife


that my grandfather and I built when I was only 6 or 7 years old. My grandfather and I built many of knives over the years out of every kind of steel you can image. Truth is if we found a piece of metal laying around we made a knife out of it…why I may never know anyway for some reason I kept this knife for all these years (priceless) ok as I was saying the trees cut down real easy, but they are full of water, this makes them very heavy. That’s where the chainsaw came in

I used it to cut the 19 trees (that’s right I said 19 trees) into one foot size.

That’s where the problem comes in…Hmm 19 trees 20 to 25 feet tall divided by one foot…that’s a lot of tree parts laying on the ground plus they are in the pool area,


this means I had to throw all the part over the fence then go around and carry each part ONE BY ONE to the woods…

Ouch my back hurts just thinking about it. Ha-ha (not funny at the time) Well job well done, one thing I can check off my list of things needing to be done around the compound.

Well woke up this morning at a body weight Of 289 LB…Ouch!!! WRONG WAY BIG AL. ha-ha. Ok why all the humor about gaining weight, you ask?…well its simple…No, no I did not cheat yesterday, I was on my best behavior. Let’s just say being in the gym business for 17 years has taught me a few things. I know my body pretty well, I’m holding a ton of water due to my new workouts, and my body hurts from head to toe…very sore muscles. Its just the body trying to repair itself, sucking up all the water it can…so my weight lose may look kind of bad for a day or two…I’ll try not to panic…Ha-ha.

Big Al

NOTE: I’m going to start adding this note to each of my blog post until the 56 DAY FITNESS COUNTDOWN is over…I’m doing this incase some new readers come on and wonder what the heck is going on…if your lost look to the top left hand corner of the blog page and click on “THE START” under the 56 DAY FITNESS COUNTDOWN (LINKS)…it will explain what’s going or just use it to look at a post you might have missed…oh yea my weight loss will be posted daily just above that…hope this helps.

3 comments:

Brightcetera said...

That's pretty cool about your grandfather and you making knives together. I guess I've never thought of people making their own before. Priceless.
Looks like you got your workout in right at home with all those trees.
I'm glad you mentioned that about your body holding water to repair itself. So many people get frustrated when this happens and don't realize what's going on.
You must be tall ... you don't look like you weigh 289 at all.
Have a great day tomorrow, BigAl!
I'll be here Egging you on :D

MeanDonnaJean said...

RYC: didn’t I hear you live in around New York?...I want to make a haul ass motorcycle ride to Maine (eat a lobster…even though I hate lobster. Ha-ha)...was wondering if you knew when would be a good month to make the trip.

Yep, that's where I'm at allright...good ol' NY...altho ya really don't wanna make a run here thu The Bowels (unless yer gonna stop by 'n cop a squat for a few, that is). A spring ride sounds good BUT...MY preference would be sometime in Autumn, just so ya get the best fall foliage outta the deal. Now, if yer headin' up to Maine (whaaaa? ya don't like lobster? just bring 'em all MY way baby!) I wouldn't wait TOO long into the Fall since their peak 'n NY's occur at two different times. Exactly how long of a trip are ya thinkin' about, anyway? A week? Two? Three? ;-)

Anonymous said...

性感內衣,情人趣味愛蜜莉,
跳蛋影片,自慰,
跳蛋情人趣味,情人趣味用品,
情人節禮物,情人趣味愛戀,
情趣用具,
跳蛋,情趣用,
按摩棒,按摩棒,
飛機杯loveoyea,吊帶襪,
自慰器,自慰杯,
情人趣味用品液,影音情人趣味,
情趣用品,情趣,
情人趣味千奈,情人趣味用品店,
情趣味用品,情趣用具店,


情趣,情趣用品,

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music