Sunday, June 26, 2011

New York to New Hampshire (Day four Maine trip)

June 13, 2011 Monday



New York to New Hampshire


Woke up around 8:00am, had breakfast at the hotel and headed to Vermont


for a night of camping (yea right) anyway we got on the road late, somewhere around 10:00am with many miles ahead of us. We arrived at our camp spot


somewhere around 3:00pm it ended up being on top of a snow skiing mountain that now being summer was like a ghost town.


We checked out the camp sites to find out we had the place all to ourselves…Score!!!


Right? WRONG!!! The little wife gave it a thumbs down…she was not happy being the only ones on the mountain (I think she had a doe deer attack flash back). With that said, I snapped a few photos


…sniff, sniff and down the mountain we went, this time with the GPS locked on to New Hampshire,


we arrived somewhere around 7:00pm. My turn to pick the room, I picked The Centennial,


wow did I do good, I got many, many brownie points

on this one. it turned out to be a beautiful place, it was an old antebellum home that was turned into an inn. Really, really nice, breakfast 

 and room service for 119 dollars a night,


I’m pretty sure my wife would have moved in there for good.


More to report next post


Big Al


No comments:

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music