Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday rainy day blues!!!

Rain, rain, rain go away…PLEASE!!!

Every weekend ok, not every weekend but it seems like it lately. I’m dying to get out and do some riding, but I’m trapped like a rat with nothing to do. Well after a short discussion with the wife this morning we decided to try and cook something out of our new cook book Diners Drive-ins and Dives by Guy Fieri as seen on the Food Network.

We picked the smoked brisket with a home made rub and home made barbeque sauce. Signe (my wife)

got started making the rub while I made a run to Wal-Mart with my mom riding shotgun (mom needed a few things too) to pick up the brisket and a few spices to make the rub. Looked like everyone had the same idea and we could only get a small brisket so we decided to get a chicken and a pork tender loin to go with it, I also picked up some chrome polish for my bike and a few photo frames for the Man Cave. I try and pick up frames every time they are on sale are just cheap, this time I used them to frame the gang from Bonanza , Tony Soprano, and my baby girl Allison with some unknown guy (aren’t they all. Ha-ha)

Then I fired up the smoker and started cooking after the wife covered all the meats with the rub. Now it’s just a waiting game to see how they come out, during the mean time everyone went a little stir crazy, Myles set up his dirty clothes basket at the end of the hallway and played indoor basketball,

Allison played on Myles new computer,

Signe worked in the kitchen

and I tended the smoker

and got the photos ready to hang in the Man Cave. Around 6:00pm I took the brisket off the smoker and got ready to eat, the dinner was outstanding brisket, potato salad, baked beans, and Brussels sprouts. The meal received an A+ from the family. I would recommend the rub and the barbecue sauce from the cookbook, it was a simple rub but the barbecue sauce was a little more complex but well worth the time, both recipes can be found on page 49 of Diners Drive-ins and Dives cookbook.

Oh what about the chicken and a pork tender loin you asked, well they took about and hour longer to cook so we decided we would throw them on the grill Sunday to reheat them for lunch Sunday. Maybe, just maybe it won’t rain…yea right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food was great, I can hardly wait for the pork and chicken today. Call me when it is ready.

Mom

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music