Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Don’t eat this ever!!!!

Ok here is the story…I woke up yesterday morning and got ready for work. I normally make my breakfast and my lunch while I am cooking breakfast. Well this morning I wanted to do some work on my FACEBOOK site. So I made myself some coffee and my half whole wheat muffin and went to work on the computer. Well you know the old saying time flies when you’re having fun, well it did.


It was time to go to work and I had not made my lunch yet or packed my gym bag. Matt, Eric and I go to the gym on our lunch hour for a forty-five minute workout every day so I normally just bring one half whole wheat bread slice with ham are turkey (half a sandwich) to eat at my desk right after the workout (got to keep the blood sugar under control) well I ran into the kitchen cut my slice of bread in half and went to the refrigerator to get the sandwich meats…and to my dismay there weren’t any, no meat at all. Never fear tuna fish is here (I should have been a poet. Ha-ha) so I open the cabinet and nooooooo only large packets of tuna (to much for a half sandwich and not enough time to make tuna salad)...And then I saw it,

sitting all alone on the back shelf a small can of tuna “Bumble Bee Sensations” it was called, it was one of those tuna, crackers and spoon kits, you know the all in one packs…but this one had a twits…it was seasoned with SPICY THAI CHILI a tuna medley it said. So my plan, carry it to work trash the crackers and put the tuna on my half slice of wheat bread. Got to work, went to the gym, and got back to the office ready to eat, time to make my half sandwich. As soon as I popped the top on the tuna can I knew I was in trouble, first the tuna was red (blood red)

then there was a hot pepper lying on the top of the tuna (at first I thought it was red worm)



I wish I had taken a photo of it. Anyway looks can be deceiving so I decided to give it a try…well my friends sometimes looks tell the whole story…this stuff was hideous, revolting, repulsive, dreadful…I hope you get my point. NOT GOOD!!!!!! But I decided to man up and give this stuff a try, so I pulled out the little spoon and scooped about half of this CRAP (excuse my French) and spread it on my bread, I went back for the second scoop and that’s when I found it, a whole fish fin,

this fin was about a half inch long…..that were I had to draw the line (I almost gag now just thinking about it) did I mention this stuff was GROSS!!! Anyway I realized this was all I had for lunch so I did the unthinkable and ate the half sandwich with the one scoop on it (not the scoop with the fin, it remained in the can), the whole time all I could think of was the line from the movie Dumb and Dumber…”Go to a Happy Place, Go to a Happy Place”

that I repeated over and over in my head while I was eating it. Well I survived this tuna nightmare…and I guess I’m a better man for it. Happy New Year everyone, from the compound!!! Just stay away from the spicy tuna!!!

Note to self: No more spicy tuna (unless it’s at a Sushi Bar), stick to the
real thing.

No comments:

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music