Friday, April 17, 2009

Well it happen

Well it happen…as I mentioned many posts ago, when I bought my Yamaha 2008 V-Star 1100, I found out that one of my bosses had bought an identical bike a few weeks before me, same year, same color the only difference was his (Mr. Duckworth) had a seat back rest (HE'S GETTING OLDER AND NEEDS SOMETHING TO PROP UP AGAINST TO KEEP FROM FALLING OFF..HA-HA)


and highway bars. Well, I also mentioned that I loved my bike but wish it had a sixth gear for hwy. riding.

Well, I’ve been saving up my pennies to buy a set of pipes (Cobra Speedster Slashdown pipes- see pipes below)

for my little bike (funny that an 1100cc bike is considered small now days…I remember when that was the biggest motor you could get) shhhhhh don’t tell my wife I have saved the money now for the pipes, she will want some of it.

But now that I have the money, I’m having second thoughts about putting the pipes on, as I’m starting to dream of a bigger bike.

WELL IT HAPPENED…Thursday, April 16, 2009 my boss Rick (I bought a bike better than yours) Duckworth threw me the keys to his new motorcycle and said “you will just never know until you ride it)

Ok here is a little background about his new bike before I go on…he too had loved his little bike and was a Yamaha man from years back. As the story goes Rick had stopped into his local dealership to buy a dust cover for his V-Star 1100, when he walked into the door…There it was sitting all alone a fully dressed out 2008 Yamaha Road Star 1700, black on black (see photo above) with every option you can imagine including cruise control (as I mentioned before, he is getting kind of old and brittle and twisting the throttle is getting to be a little much for him…HA-ha. it appears that a coworker must of brought in a wheel chair for him today. I guess in case of a crash or just getting around in the office).


Well come to find out the bike was used, the previous owner had ordered it with all the bells and whistles and after putting just 24 miles on it bounced a check and the bike ended up back at the dealership just waiting on Rick to get his grubby little hands on it at a great price and trade in of his old V-Star 1100.

Ok back to the story, after getting the key I stopped off at my desk and picked up my helmet and was followed to the bike by two co-workers Ann


and David


They wanted to check the bike out too. As we were looking the bike over, Ann mentioned that Rick had more money than brains…hmm I’m not sure what she meant by that; and David after finding out that the leather bag mounted to the handle bars was not a bike tool bag as we thought and was really holding Rick’s gas cards
wanted to go on a gas spending splurge…don’t worry Rick…I stopped him…I gave him crime does not pay speech. Well after I saved Rick I’m sure thousands of dollars in gas charges, the next thing to do was to have a seat and crank it up. This caught me a little off guard as I had not noticed the custom pipes, the beast roared to life with a fantastic sound. As I clicked the bike into first I could feel the difference in my bike and his as soon as I let off the clutch. Power and power to spare, as I tooled down the road amazed at the feel of the bike, I swear a little drool dripped down the side of my mouth


as I drove it down the road (lets not mention the drool to Rick as it would give him a much bigger head than he already has) . I have to admit the ride would have been more fun if it was not the boss’s brand new bike with not a scratch on it (pressure, pressure) I kept imagining the call Rick…Mr. Duckworth sir… oooaaa I’ve had a little accident…that would have been a very bad call.., and I’m sure it would not look good on my resume. Well I made it back safe and sound (I guess the key is the bike made it back safe and sound. Ha-ha.) well to quote Will Smith from the movie Independence Day as he first test drove the alien space craft “I have got to get me one of these’s!!!) This was my thinking exactly!!!

Later that day after work, I was driving my truck to the store to get some tomato plants and…I must of blacked out because I ended up in the Hattiesburg Cycle dealership parking lot…hmmm I guess I was thinking since I was already there I might as well go in…after I walked in I was greeted by a sales man named David and yep I looked at motorcycles just like Mr. Duckworth’s bike…but then there was a twist to the story….stay tuned…
Ok on the serious side, I’d like to thank Mr. Duckworth for letting me test drive his new bike, its not every man that would let an employee do hot laps around the building at break neck speeds…uhhh I mean slow control turns at nearly idol speeds as I obeyed all traffic laws. Oh yea and the part where I said Ann said you had more money than brains….well ahhh…she should not say those things about you…that’s just wrong!!! And David…yep he was going to steal those gas cards…ha-ha.
Thanks again Mr. Duckworth.

BREAKING NEWS!!! THIS JUST IN!!! I just recieved a email with this photo attached, it appears that Matt (the hammer) Roland also took a ride on the bike too without permission (he must of hot-wired it). The email also said "DIET COKE RULES" I'm not sure what he meant by that...maybe Duckworth will know...hmmm

1 comment:

RazorsEdge2112 said...

OOoooo...... Mr. Duckworth's bike looks sweet! I let a co-worker ride my new ride around work's parking lot last week. Should I worry when he says something like, "Nice! I had her up to 55 in the lot!"

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music