Thursday, March 19, 2009

The mind of an 11 year old boy…

Let me just start off saying I’m not talking about myself...my mind is up to at least a 14 year old level by now…I’m sure. Ha-ha. I wrote about going to CPO9 training in one of my last blogs and how I got home as it was getting dark outside from the training…well what I didn’t tell you was what happen a few minutes after I sat down to rest. Ok here is the story…

When I walked in the door I started looking around for everyone (my family) the girls were in the den watching TV and my boy had a friend over named Tanner (best friend lives next door)




they were both playing video games in the MAN CAVE like any future to be man should do. Ha-ha. (Ahh the Man Cave) Ok back to my story, I stuck my head into the Man Cave and gave a quick hello to the boys, I think I got a grunt back…man talk. (You women just don’t understand) Then I had a seat in my chair and talked to the girls (my wife Signe any daughter Allison) when to my surprise my boy came running in and asked me if I had seen his fort that Tanner and himself had worked on all day. I said no, where did you build it? Then he went on and on about how they built it out of sticks and trees and it was over by were they had parked the golf cart. Hmmm I remember seeing the golf cart when I came in but did not see the fort, but it was getting dark so maybe I just over looked it. I told him I would check it out in the morning before I left for work and he ran back to the MAN CAVE very happy with what he and Tanner had accomplished that day.

The next morning came but it was still dark outside (Remember I go to the gym at 5:30am) so I gave a quick look around and could not find the fort…so I figured they must of built it in the edge of the woods, I would have to wait and check it out as soon as I got home from work.

My work day now complete I got my camera out and went in search of the fort. Well my boy tells no lie; it was right beside the golf cart like he said…it was a master piece. Ahhhhh what a thing of beauty. A father could not be more proud.

Yea that’s a water bottle from my boys bike I placed next to the fort, just to give you an idea of the scale of this all day project.

So that night I question him about his day of fort building and was quickly told the fort only took up half of their day. Building this dinosaur out of Lego’s took up the rest…

Ohhhh to be 11 again. Ha-ha.

2 comments:

Lady R (Di) said...

That's funny. I appreciate the point of your story. I too, would love to be able to spend the day, doing what I want with no deadlines or due dates. The simple life. Thanks for taking us back, even if it's just for a little while. :)

Baron's Life said...

Loved it..so wholesome and innocent...

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music