Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally report: PART 5 (the conclusion)


I’m going to make this short and sweet, as I have some new stories I want to move on to. Around 4:30 pm Saturday after a long day on the beach, I decided it was time to go home. So got onto hwy 95 west and started home, still passing many bikers on their way to Panama City, Just before I got to Pensacola Florida, it was time to turn off of hwy 98 a little to much stop and go traffic when you are in a hurry to get home. The road I took to I-10 ended up being a toll road, 3 dollars and 50 cents later I was at i-10, I decided to fill up with gas, myself with food, and change my goggles from shads to clear lens for night driving. Oh yea I have not bought any gloves yet for bike riding so while I was in the little store getting gas I picked a pair of gloves, 1 dollar and 98 cents well spent, it gets cold on a bike once it turns dark, very cold. I stopped at a waffle house to eat,(note to anyone thinking of opening a dinner on a toll road….DON’T… the locals don’t use these roads, only out of town people like myself.) the reason I say this is, I was the only one in the place, I talked to the girls behind the counter, and they said it was like this all the time, so they were starving for tips, I ended up leaving a 50 percent tip on my 3 eggs , one slice of dry wheat dry toast, and a couple of cups of coffee… My good deed of the day.ha-ha.
Not much else happen the rest of the way home, I stopped a couple more times for gas and short breaks, it is funny I stopped at the Mississippi rest stop for a break and a drink, it was around 8:00 at night and I was sitting at a picnic table, drinking my diet coke, with my bike parked in front of me and noticed how people would make a point of walking out of their way to walk around me, it must be that biker thing.ha-ha.
Well I made it home safe and sound around 11:00pm, time to take a bath and get some sleep
Below is an attachment from my I-phone (the greatest phone ever) it’s just a little gas log I kept at ever fill up.
Start 10:06am
Odometer 1227
First fill up 11.95$

second fill up 8$ 30
95 miles
Odometer 1313

Third fill up 3:25
102 miles
Odometer 1418
7.75$i
2.15 gallons no receipt

Fourth fill up
91 miles
1.8 gallons
6.74$
Odometer 1510

Fifth fill up
98 miles
Odometer 1608
7.74$
2.0gallons

Sixth fill up
77.9 miles
Odometer 1687
6.26$
1.7 gallons
6:08pm

Last fill up 9:30pm
102 miles
Odometer 1791
2.5 gallons
10.11$

Miles 70.4
Odometer 1861
10:55pm



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music