Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The smoke out-Rockingham North Carolina

Anyone planning on going to the Smoke out bike rally http://www.smokeoutrally.com/in Rockingham North Carolina? This is the 10th anniversary and it sounds like a party of a lifetime. It all starts May 8, 2009 in Cottonwood AZ with a 2000 mile group ride starting on Sunday to Rockingham North Carolina http://www.gorockingham.com/where the party ends.

Looks like Rockingham North Carolina
is around 700 miles one way from my house in Petal, MS. I would love to make the trip and do some camping along the way. I am going to start planning my trip but will have to wait and see if AT&T (my work place) goes on strike.
April 4, 2009 if so my orders are to travel to Connecticut and get this…be an operator…

you know directory assistance. The funny part is I type with one finger and have a hard time spelling big words like “kat… I mean CAT”. Ha-ha. Yea I will be responsible for giving out your phone numbers


12 hours a day 7 days a week until the strike is over (it’s the price you pay for being in management) so good luck to you if you need a phone number after April 4, 2009 if a strike happens.ha-ha.

I’ve been reading The Horse Backstreet Chopper Magazine http://www.thehorsemag.com/for years and have been dying to go to one of their events; I’m hoping this will be my year to attend one of their rallies. I wish I could do the complete week long rally but will have to settle for the weekend in Rockingham North Carolina; starting May 15 and 16, 2009, 4 pm to 11 pm Friday, 10 am to 11 pm Saturday.

I know a lot of biker’s read my blog and I was just wondering if anyone was planning on attending or maybe have a story to tell of a past trip to the Rally.
Big Al

4 comments:

chessie said...

Al, I'm not real sure if I want to go or not. I've been going to rallies since the early 70's. About 2 years ago, I swore off rallies. I have found I'm not a fan of drunks and idiots anymore. Although, every year, when I read what I think I missed...I wonder why I didn't go. Thing is Al, I used to be one of those writers, whose job it is to make it sound as if the greatest time was had by all....I know better....

But tell ya what...if you are planning to go the northern route through TN and NC to get to where your going...gimme a shout, I'll ride some of the way with you...

Oh, and since your in MS. How about when I come through Nanchez, we give each other a shout...if your able to ride...it would be a great time.
Chessie

GYMONR said...

Morning Chessie, sounds like a plan as I mention in the blog, I’ll have to wait and see what happens with my job in April. But I will keep in touch, I’d love to pick your brain and hear some of your riding stories, you sound like an interesting person. You remind me a lot of my aunt Pat (we lost here to cancer a few years ago) she was a very free spirit and never met a person she did not like. When are you planning on going to Natchez? What are your plans once you get there? Ride the trace or just cruise around town? Oh yea I know what you mean about the Rallys too, they are never as good as they are advertised. Ha-HA. And yea I have the same problem with drunks,(DON’T LIKE THEM) I’m sure putting up with them is not as bad being a guy as it is being a girl traveling alone…I bet they bug you to death. Ha-ha. It just one of those rally’s I have been reading about for years…but just between you and me…its just and excuse to get out and ride and ride and ride. Did I mention I like to ride...ha-ha.
Big AL

suzi said...

poor chessie - hey al - come out to where us real bikers are - its always a blast.
Respects to those who deserve it.
suzi aka tat
bikernews.net

GYMONR said...

Hey Suzi, any chance of getting a peek into your blog??
Big Al

States I’ve traveled to over the years

big als music